When we are deciding on where to go and where to stay when visiting a new destination, it is normal to check out the comments and reviews about the place. Hacienda Guachipelin, a member of the Enchanting Hotels Collection of exclusive and unique boutique hotels in the very best corners of Costa Rica, is no exception. Sitting on the slopes of the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano and a neighbor to its National Park, Hacienda Guachipelin has lots to offer. What are its guests saying about the hotel, restaurants, and adventure center? Let´s read the reviews about Hacienda Guachipelin and let you make the decision on when to visit this fantastic place!
Just a short drive from the Guanacaste International Airport that services the Nicoya Peninsula, Hacienda Guachipelin is a favorite destination for families, couples, and adventure seekers, looking for some unforgettable times in nature but with the comforts of one of the best hotels on the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. So what do our guests say about their stay at Hacienda Guachipelin? First, let´s see what they are saying.
A new dining experience at Hacienda Guachipelín
The dining experience
“Incredible, one of the best places in Costa Rica. The restaurant is the best, and Ronald is very attentive, always advises us what to eat, and native tricks—highly recommended!
Hacienda Guachipelin has three dining experiences on the property catering to all the culinary likes and preferences of the guests. Surrounded by the forest, with a focus on traditional Costa Rican dishes with a modern twist and the innovative use of fresh ingredients, dining is as important as the adventure activities and the comfort of the rooms.
The restaurants are:
- La Hacienda Restaurant: This bustling, open-air eatery is where all the culinary action is. A buffet and a-la-carte menus cater to the fussiest of eaters and are the perfect place to enjoy a hearty meal while enjoying the forest and its adventure activities. This is Costa Rican dining at its best.
- Nekajui Garden: Sit around the fire pit, sipping on a delicious drink while nibbling on a dish fresh out of the old clay oven, and listen to the sounds of the forest. Meaning garden in the local Chorotega language, this is dining immersed in nature and the perfect place to sit back after a day flying, swimming, tubing, or rappelling in the forest. The perfect contrast.
- Canopy Bar: Where better than the Canopy Bar to wind down after a day in nature filled with adventure? This casual space invites you to enjoy a refreshing, tropical cocktail, cold beer, or a delicious beverage with a delicious meal. Choose from hamburgers, pizzas, or Costa Rican-inspired appetizers while sharing the day´s stories of adventure and thrills.
For all the family
“The kids loved the pool and the mud baths, and the hiking at the hotel and the National Park was really good. Overall, definitely recommend it, especially for families or adventurous/outdoorsy souls.”
Hacienda Guachipelin is a family-orientated destination from many perspectives. The large, spacious rooms complemented with generous verandas accommodate the family comfortably. The on-site activities are suitable for all ages, with the added advantage that the Hacienda Guachipelin guides are safety-orientated and seasoned caretakers of children and adults of all ages. Safety will always be first, but the fun comes in a close second.
The mixture of adventure with relaxation means that in just one day, at least one activity will be a favorite for the young, not so young, and the young of spirit. Not only are the activities fun, but they will also allow everyone to enjoy the unique experiences Hacienda Guachipelin has to offer. Mud Baths with Ziplining? Swimming in the pool with a horseback ride through cattle country with views of the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, river tubing with hot springs. The possibilities are endless for all the family.
“The guides were knowledgeable, amazing, energetic, and fun. The entire day was an amazing, adrenaline-rush experience. Highly recommend this for a full and rewarding day of thrills and spills. Finishing off on the volcano hot springs is the end of a great day.”
“The excursions to the waterfalls are awesome, and the hot springs, when it starts to get dark, is another level. In general, all the staff is attentive to make your stay the best.”
Hacienda Guachipelin sits on a working cattle ranch and nature reserve dedicated to conserving the endangered tropical dry forest. While much of the forest is untouched, some of it is where you can experience some unforgettable close-to-nature experiences. These activities are part of the Hacienda Guachipelin Adventure Center, and let´s say, come ready for lots of thrills and fun.
With a menu of adventures of varying adrenaline levels, Hacienda Guachipelin has designed a series of possibilities to enjoy the tropical dry forest from different perspectives, angles, and heights. The activities also are fabulous opportunities to spot the diversity of wildlife that inhabit the tropical dry forest permanently or temporarily.
Let´s see what activities and adventures Hacienda Guachipelin has available for the adrenaline-rush seekers and the sit-back-and-relax-in-nature searchers.
- Ziplining: Harness up and fly through the forest canopy for the ride of a lifetime
- Horseback Riding:
- Rappelling: This vertical experience will take you down into a canyon
- River Tubing:
For the relaxers
- Mud baths
- Hot Springs
As our happy guest, mix your day up with some thrills and relaxation!
“Our amazing room (we splurged and booked a suite as it was a special occasion). The bed was really comfortable, the water and hot and with lots of pressure and all amenities you could wish for in the room.”
After a day in nature, the Hacienda Guachipelin Way, a good night´s sleep is essential, as is a relaxing shower to relax the muscles. Ziplining, horseback riding, rappelling, tubing, and hiking are just some of the possibilities Hacienda Guachipelin has for some-fun filled days. Still, equally important is a well-appointed room with all the comforts of a modern hotel.
With five types of rooms or suites to choose from, Hacienda Guachipelin has a room for everyone, whether it is a romantic getaway, a special celebration with a loved one, or a family getaway.
- Standard Room: Multiple bedding and centrally located to all the amenities
- Superior Room: Multiple bedding that faces the garden for additional space and great wildlife viewing opportunities
- Family Superior Room: Made for families with multiple bedding and close to the pool, reception, activity center, and restaurant
- Legacy Suite: Multiple bedding in a superior space and a more secluded location for additional privacy
- Suite: More couples retreat, but it is Hacienda Guachipelin´s most exclusive retreat with all the luxuries you would want for a romantic getaway.
So, the Hacienda Guachipelin guests have had their say in what an exceptional and exciting time they spent. When will you be coming to try out the dining experience, the adventure center, the rooms, and so much more than Guachipelin has? Thank you to our guests for sharing their experiences and opinions. We always appreciate them.