Healthy fruit and vegetable smoothies are awesome liquid fuel for your body. Smoothies provide important vitamins and minerals from nutritious ingredients like fresh fruit, raw vegetables, Maca Root, chia seeds, protein powder, spirulina and coconut oil.
Start your morning, or have an afternoon snack, with one of these quick, delicious and healthy blended smoothie drink recipes from Pranamar Oceanfront Villas & Yoga Retreat in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. Try these out at home and dream you are on a tropical beach in Costa Rica.
Super healthy smoothies from Pranamar Villas:
- Shiva’s Nectar: Tamarind, lime & ginger in water. This is the hotel’s “welcome drink” brought to guests when they arrive. The delicious drink is incredibly refreshing in hot weather.
- Kali Blast: Carrots, beets & green apple in water (can also add ginger). This smoothie is good for circulation and blood oxygen.
- Sunshine Blend: Turmeric, pineapple, orange juice & ginger. This is an anti-inflammatory, high in vitamin C, and cleanses the intestines.
- Creamy Tropical Power: Pineapple, coconut milk or soy or almond milk, passion fruit, banana & Maca Root powder. This one’s big in vitamin C, potassium, amino acids and protein.
- Vitality Boost: Green apple, cucumber, parsley, garlic, ginger & greens. It cleanses the blood, strengthens the immune system and detoxifies.
- Green is Gold: Celery, cucumber, pineapple, kale, cilantro, lime & chia seeds. This is an anti-oxidant, high in vitamins B & C and iron, and cleanses the intestines.
- Chocolate Ganesha: Cacao (bitter dark chocolate can be used), tofu, espresso, banana & soy milk. Guests at Pranamar love this one for dessert!
- Create your own combination from Pranamar’s 100% natural smoothie ingredients: Ginger, mint, tamarindo, pineapple, orange juice, lime, banana, passion fruit, green apple, avocado, cacao, tofu, soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, coconut water, celery, cucumber, carrots, beets, kale, garlic, turmeric, cilantro, parsley, and supplements like Maca Root, chia seeds, linseed (ground flax seed), spirulina, coconut oil and protein powder.
Guests at the beachfront hotel in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica always comment about how much they love their smoothies. “I miss the smoothies … so many choices, ALL delicious and fresh,” wrote a recent guest on TripAdvisor.
Pranamar Villas’ Buddha Eyes Restaurant has 13 smoothies on the menu. Additionally, every morning the bartenders create a smoothie special of the day. And if that’s still not enough choice, you can request your own personal smoothie combination from their list of fresh ingredients. Buddha Eyes Restaurant is open to the public for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. For reservations, call (506) 2640-0852.
Even better, be a guest at Pranamar Oceanfront Villas and enjoy the restaurant every day of your vacation. The gorgeous, Bali-style boutique hotel is right on the beach at Playa Hermosa of Santa Teresa on the southern Nicoya Peninsula. Santa Teresa Beach was chosen one of the Top 15 Places to Go in 2015 by Condé Nast Traveler, and holds the status of being one of the cleanest beaches in Costa Rica.
Pranamar Villas specializes in Costa Rica yoga vacations, was named a Top 5 Yoga Retreat in Costa Rica by Travel & Leisure Magazine, and holds TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence.
Plan your escape today!
Article by Shannon Farley