Spring Break is just around the corner!
This year, try something different for you and your family and learn to surf like a pro in Costa Rica!
Warm tropical water, world-class waves, friendly and fun atmosphere, and international language experience – all of this and more at the Del Mar Surfing Academy. Located within Costa Rica’s Central and North Pacific Coast at Jaco, Esterillos and Santa Teresa beaches, the academy offers safe and memorable vacations for kids, teens (up to age 19) and families while promoting healthy and active lifestyles via the sport of surfing.
Kids and teens get to meet other like-minded athletic individuals from many different countries, experience the joy of surfing in the tropical ocean, hike through the jungle to waterfalls, and learn new skills like Spanish language and the art of Afro-Brazilian martial arts, Capoeira. The camp promises a true adventure vacation with memorable new life experiences and stories, plus you get to return home with a newfound ability and new friends from all over the world. And what could be better than having some of your surf instructors be pro surfers from the Costa Rican National Surfing Team!
Parents also get a vacation of their own! Surfing, stand-up paddling, mountain biking, yoga or fitness packages are all available.
Camps last one to two weeks (7 or 14 days). What’s included? All meals, all ground transportation in Costa Rica, accommodations, daily surf lessons, weekly surf contest, surf video analysis, daily Spanish conversation practice, other adventure/nature tours, daily fitness in other activities, and social activities.
Del Mar Surfing Academy was founded in 2010 by two women surfers, Maria del Mar and Bettina Del Rio, as a sister company to Del Mar Surf Camp, which has been providing adults with top-notch surfing vacations for 9 years.
Another option for families looking for a cool spring break or summer vacation is the Del Mar Surf Camp’s Family Package vacations. These surfing vacations last 5 or 7 nights and are available at either their Hermosa beach location on the Central Pacific Coast, or their Nosara Beach location on the Northern Pacific Coast in the Guanacaste area.
- Food: Local Cuisine; options for Vegetarian/Vegan available
- Wildlife: Reserves and Parks In the Area
- Waves: From Jaco to Hermosa Beaches; range for Beginners to Advanced Surfers
- Scenery: Picture Perfect – from Mountains to Beaches in one shot
- Beaches: Beach Bottom with Black Sand
- Things to Do: Every Outdoor Sport Available in the Mountain or Ocean
- Costa Rican surfer earns fame in Hawaii (enchanting-costarica.com)
- Del Mar Surf Camp Launches Fitness Vacations and Surf Camps for Youth (delmarsurfcamp.com)
- Relax and Get Fit in Costa Rica (delmarsurfcamp.com)
- Surfing in Costa Rica (costaricatripguide.com)
- 2012 Surf Camps & More! (delmarsurfcamp.com)