Visiting a day spa helps you switch off and relax, disconnect from the world, and restore your mind, body and spirit. Spas provide peace, relaxation, and help create a healthier you.
Even when you finally do go on vacation, you can jump-start your relaxation with a massage or spa body treatment. It really is amazing how massage therapy benefits you by relaxing tight muscles, increasing circulation, releasing toxins, easing stress, and boosting your health and vitality.
So, indulge in some much-needed “me” time, and check out these top 10 spa benefits:
- A massage gives you a break to slow down and de-stress.
- Massage improves blood circulation, which carries oxygen and nutrients to your cells.
- Massage stimulates your lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste.
- Massage releases a hormone called Serotonin that produces a state of “feeling good” in your body and mind.
- Soft tissue massage increases circulation, boosts your energy and reduces fatigue.
- Deep tissue massage eases tense muscles and cramps into relaxation.
- Massage therapy can help with pain management in chronic conditions like arthritis, low back pain and sciatica.
- Body polishes gently exfoliate your skin, promoting cellular renovation, cleansing pores and giving your skin a young, healthy glow.
- Body wraps replenish your body with nutrients and elements lost on a daily basis, thus boosting your skin’s moisture, helping to rejuvenate and relax you.
- Body wraps or polishes with therapeutic mud exfoliate dead skin cells, eliminate toxins and increase circulation.
When on vacation in Costa Rica, visit the Shana Spa at the elegant Shana Hotel & Residence in Manuel Antonio Costa Rica. Internationally certified therapists use local natural ingredients for a variety of traditional and original Costa Rican spa therapies, including massages, body scrubs, body wraps, facials, manicures, pedicures and cosmetic treatments.
Manuel Antonio is one of the most visited vacation destinations in Costa Rica, and was named one of the Top 25 Beaches in the World for 2014. Located on the Central Pacific Coast, Manuel Antonio is only 20 minutes by domestic flight from the capital city of San Jose, or a couple of hours by car.
Article by Shannon Farley